- This event has passed.
Apply Now! – Request for Proposals
Date: February 14, 2019 | Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Smart Start of Pender County
Request for Proposals
Smart Start of Pender County seeks proposals that focus on programs related to Early Care and Education, Health Care, and/or Family Support from individuals or agencies for fiscal years 2019-2022. (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2022.) (Please note that Smart Start funding is limited to programs serving children ages 0-5 and their families.)
1. Support the education, and training of child care professionals working in licensed child care and early education programs.
2. Provide information to parents about quality early care and education programs and services, provide technical assistance to licensed child care providers to maintain or enhance quality, and provide early education training, services and resources to early education professionals, parents and other early education advocates.
3. Provide training to early education professionals on child care health related topics and safety practices.
4. Provide education, support, and materials on parenting, child development and/or literacy to parents and primary caregivers of children ages 0-5.
5. Coordinate early literacy programs with a focus on parent education and book distribution.
All interested parties may contact Connie Carr-Costin, the Executive Director at (910) 259-9978 for additional information or to schedule a pre-proposal consultation. Request for Proposal (RFP) information will be available at Smart Start of Pender County, 600 N. Timberly Lane, Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Fridays 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. All completed proposals with required documentation including budgets must be submitted no later than 1:00 pm, Friday, March 15, 2019. Faxed and emailed proposals will not be accepted.