List of Websites and Descriptions for Smart Start Website
- NC Healthy Start Foundation – All Ages
DSS – All Ages
- Health Insurance Assistance – All Ages
- Transportation Assistance – All Ages
- CAP Services – All Ages
Health Department – All Ages
- CC4C – Ages 0-5
- Health service coordination. No cost to the family.
- WIC – Pregnancy – 5th birthday
- Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear – All Ages
- Providing care management and patient support services for Medicaid and Health Check enrollees; no cost.
Screenings / Developmental Assessments
- CDSA – Ages 0-3
- Provides supports and services to children up to three years who have disabilities or delays in one or more areas of development.
- Head Start – Ages 3-5
- Supports low-income 3-4 year old children and their families by helping meet their emotional, social, health, nutritional and psychological needs and ensuring they are better prepared for school; no cost.
- EC Pre-K – Ages 3-5th birthday
- ECAC – All Ages
- Provides information and resources to the families of children with disabilities in North Carolina.
Mental Health Services
- Trillium – Ages 3 and Up
- Manages, coordinates, and monitors mental health, developmental disability and substance abuse services; little or no cost. Covers New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, and Onslow County.
- Eastpointe – Ages 3 and Up
- Manages, coordinates, and monitors mental health, developmental disability and substance abuse services; little or no cost. Covers Bladen and Columbus County.
- RHA Mobile Crisis Unit – All Ages
- Intensive on-site intervention to people of all ages who are experiencing a crisis due to mental health disturbances, developmental disabilities, or addiction. Covers Pender, New Hanover, and Brunswick County.
- TEACCH – All Ages
- Delivers services to people with autism and their families, trains professionals & parents about autism and autistics; no cost.
- Autism Society of North Carolina
- Statewide network of affiliated programs for families of children with special needs; puts parents in touch with other parents; no cost.
- Disability Rights
- A team of attorneys, advocates, paralegals and support staff provide advocacy and legal services at no charge for people with disabilities across North Carolina.
- Easter Seals UCP
- Statewide program that aims to create opportunities, promote individual choice, and change the lives of children and adults with disabilities by maximizing their individual attention to live, learn and work in their communities.
Developmental Milestones – All Ages
- Skills such as taking a first step, smiling for the first time, and waving “bye bye” are called developmental milestones.
- Healthy Children.org – All Ages
- General information related to child health or for more specific guidance on parenting issues, immunization information, and other health information.
- ALL Parent Support/Classes – All Ages
- CCLCF PDF lists all counties
- Family Support Network
- A statewide network of affiliated programs for families of children with special needs; puts parents in touch with other parents; no cost.
- Prevent Child Abuse
- Resources available to take action against child abuse.
Nutrition And Exercise
Mental Health Providers
Additional Questions about these resources?
Call your local Health Check Coordinator at: 910-763-0200