Parent Referrals: Looking for Child Care?
Look No Further! Contact Child Care Resource & Referral of Pender County Located at Smart Start of Pender County, Inc.
We offer referrals to parents that include only the child care providers that are able to meet the family’s specific needs. In addition, we provide information and materials on quality indicators to assist families in making informed child care choices. We also offer referrals for school age children ages 5 to 12 for afterschool care.
Come and Check out our Resource Library!! Great for parents, grandparents and providers!
Your one year membership to our Resource Library includes
- Checking out up to six (6) totes per month
- Unlimited use of our workroom & die cuts
- Unlimited use of our 2 Cricut machines
- 10 ft of Hot or Cold Lamination 2 x per week
- 10 ft of Bulletin Board Paper per day
- 20 Color or Black & White Photocopies per day
- 1 Sheet of Poster Board per day
- 5 Foam Sheets per day
- 20 sheet of Construction paper per day
- Art tools and supplies
- Classroom enhancing information and materials
- Educational videos, computer and music CDs for children
- Books for educators, parents and children
- Fax machine for child care related use
- Spiral bound book maker
Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Closed the 1st Friday of every month
Open the 1st Saturday of every month 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Also open by appointment.
- $25.00 annually for Preschool Teachers, Teacher Assistants and early education staff members serving infants, toddlers and youths up to age 5.
- $30.00 annually for Teachers, Teacher Assistants and staff members serving school-age children beginning at Kindergarten level.
- $25.00 annually for individuals and families with children birth to preschool with children birth to preschool.
- $30.00 annually for individuals and families with school age children or no children.
- $30.00 annually for registered child care homes.
- $40.00 annually for registered child care centers with a licensed capacity of 40 children or less.
- $50.00 annually for registered child care centers with a licensed capacity of more than 40 children.
- $60.00 annually for nonprofit agencies, PTO’s/ public and home school groups, church groups, and family resource centers with up to 10 secondary members ($5.00 for each additional member).
Non Members are welcome to use some services for a fee.
Kids are welcome too! We have a children’s table set up in the front of our Resource Library (Kids Zone) where your child can do crafts while you are working in the workroom or checking out your materials. Materials and activities will change to match our monthly theme. Fall and winter themes are available.