Those Who Teach Must Never Cease To Learn.
Even as Professionals, we are a “work in progress”. Come by and let Smart Start of Pender County’s Professional Development Consultant assist you in furthering your education. Our services are offered to all childcare professionals in Pender County as well as high school students who are interested in an early childcare education career. For current childcare providers we offer a financial incentive for those seeking an associate’s degree or higher. Come by and visit us Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 to 1:00. Other times are available by appointment.
Professional Development financial incentives to help child care providers increase their level of education.
Technical assistance provided regarding
- Choosing an early childcare degree that suits your career goals.
- Identifying appropriate college/university coursework to fit individual professional needs.
- Completion of college/university applications (including taking of placement tests, registration, declaring a major, transferring credits, and schedule planning)
- Researching and applying for financial aid (TEACH, enrollment for college classes, FastWeb, etc.)
- Creating an Early Childhood Professional resume
- Portfolio development
In addition, professional development provides in-service trainings relevant to professional development. Check out our list of events to find a workshop that interests you!
“Take the attitude of a student…never know too much to learn something new” – Og Mandino