When you shop at smile.amazon.com,
What is Smart Start of Pender County?
Smart Start is a statewide program designed to help all of North Carolina’s children enter school healthy and ready to succeed.
Smart Start of Pender County, Inc. administers Smart Start Funds in Pender County. We work in collaboration with several local agencies to serve children 0-5 in the community through child care, health care, and family support services. We offer a variety of services in support of parents and providers with the goal of promoting quality childcare in all of Pender County.
Smart Start of Pender County, Inc. is a private non-profit corporation and although we are primarily funded by the state, we rely on private contributions, as well as other grant sources to help meet the needs of the community.
Smart Start of Pender County, Inc. provides all services in an unbiased manner in regards to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, handicap, and national origin.
**Important Membership Notice**
Our membership fees increased effective July 1, 2019; however, if you join or renew before September 1, 2019 we will honor the current membership rate.
Membership fees are as follows:
- $25.00 annually for Preschool Teachers, Teacher Assistants and early education staff members serving infants, toddlers and youths up to age 5.
- $30.00 annually for Teachers, Teacher Assistants and staff members serving school-age children beginning at Kindergarten level.
- $25.00 annually for individuals and families with children birth to preschool with children birth to preschool.
- $30.00 annually for individuals and families with school age children or no children.
- $30.00 annually for registered child care homes.
- $40.00 annually for registered child care centers with a licensed capacity of 40 children or less.
- $50.00 annually for registered child care centers with a licensed capacity of more than 40 children.
- $60.00 annually for nonprofit agencies, PTO’s/ public and home school groups, church groups, and family resource centers with up to 10 secondary members ($5.00 for each additional member).
Dolly Parton Imagination Library
Enroll Your Child Today!
Register your child today to receive a FREE, new book each month until age 5. Smart Start of Pender County and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library are working together to bring books to North Carolina’s youngest children through funding provided by the North Carolina General Assembly. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a FREE program for all families with young children in Pender County regardless of income or zip code.
You can register online by visiting the website here or contact Angel Parker, Early Literacy Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (910) 259-9978. You can also register your child via the QR code below.
You can earn $$ for Smart Start of Pender County simply by using goodsearch to search the web, shop online, and dine out! Thank you for your support!
"In the final analysis it is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings."
~ Ann Landers