To Our Pender County Community
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 crisis, we want you to know that Smart Start is here to be a supportive resource for your early education and childcare needs. We take seriously the health of our community and want to ensure that our families have enough information to support their children and families. We will attempt to keep the community resources on this page as up to date and accurate as possible. We will make changes and updates as we become aware of them.
In compliance with Governor Cooper’s recent orders, Smart Start of Pender County is closed to the public effective March 23, 2020, until further notice. Please see our following agency updates below:
- Our staff is teleworking, continuing to support our essential child care workforce throughout this crisis. The best way to reach us during this period is by email. Please reference this staff page as needed.
- We are making plans to check mail, make check deposits, and cut checks with minimal disruption of payments from our business processes.
- In-person Technical Assistance staff visits to child care facilities are canceled until further notice. Staff is available via phone, video conferencing, and email to provide support when needed.
- All Resource Library services and operations are suspended until further notice.
- All trainings and events scheduled through May 31, 2020 are canceled or postponed.
- All Smart Start hosted meetings and events will be either virtual, rescheduled, or canceled until further notice.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library enrollment also remains open; applications may be made online or mailed.
This is a fluid situation and dates may be extended. We will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in our community and provide updates as needed.
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Pender County Schools
- Pender County Government Updates
- Immigrant & Undocumented Workers Updates – North Carolina Justice Center
- Children with Disabilities Resource Hub – Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC)
Child Care Information
- Childcare Referral Hotline – Essential Workers
- Child Care Financial Assistance Application – Essential Workers
- Updates on Operations & Financial Guidance – Child Care Providers
- Emergency Child Care Application Form – Child Care Providers
- COVID-19 Facility Guidance Checklist – Child Care Providers
- COVID-19 Building Door Sign – Child Care Providers
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Child Care Providers
- Finding Your COVID-19 Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) – Child Care Providers
At-Home Learning Resources
- NC Department of Public Instruction Remote Learning Activities
- Pender County Library Online Book Program
- Pender County Online Library Card Registration Tutorial
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library Book Program
- Cape Fear Museum Online Events
- Cameron Art Museum Online Events
- Free Educational Company Subscriptions
- Jumpstart At-home Activities
- VROOM Brain Building
- Zero to Three At-Home Activity Guide
- 20 Virtual Trips To Take with Your Child
- Child Care Resource & Referral Free Trainings – Child Care Providers & Teachers
- Unemployment Benefits Application
- IRS Tax Deadline Extension
- NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund
- Your right to paid leave, unemployment insurance, and safe work
- Forgivable Loans through the CARES Act – Child Care Providers